A Message to Our Customers
To the Common Ground and Hampden Community:
We started to take precautions in early March before the State of MD mandated guidelines. When we were faced with the difficult decision of either staying open or closing in the wake of Covid-19, we closed for a couple days to regroup and consider our options.
Being a staple in the neighborhood for about 25 years, we also felt we had a responsibility to our staff and our community to step up to the challenge as long as they agreed. We chose to stay open with the employees that were willing to continue and follow strict guidelines for personal safety, cleaning, and sanitizing. We quickly converted to contactless payments, curbside pickup though our front window, and delivery. Please understand this decision was and has not been based on a desire for profit for it has been just the opposite. This has been strictly about keeping as many of our employees in their jobs as we could and being able to serve you, our community.
Our decision has been validated by the incredible support we have received from all of you since the crisis began. Our staff has been working hard to translate that “Home away from Home” atmosphere that defines our cafe into a Pick-up and Delivery operation. The smell of fresh baked muffins continues to come out of our new pick-up window and our team is waiting at a safe distance with masked smiles to get you whatever you need. All orders are prepared in a sanitary controlled environment and closely monitored to ensure every precaution is taken for your safety.
Please take a moment to review these important updates:
- We are still open 7-3 every day for pick-up and carry-out!
- We accept walk-in orders by allowing one person in the building at a time for contactless pay. This means NO CASH. We accept all cards, Apple and Google pay, and also have gift cards available for purchase
- Anyone entering the building is required to wear a mask and practice social distancing from staff and other customers. We are currently allowing ONE customer in the building at a time
- Click HERE to view the safety guidelines our staff are following.
- All orders are packaged using single use containers, utensils and condiments. Please do not bring your own cup or mug, as we are not handling any outside containers for the time being
- With each order you have the option to donate to our Pay-It-Forward Community Card which allows us to provide food and drink to community members in need. Donations are received through our online store or walk-in transactions, just ask your barista!
Thank you to each and everyone one of you, from our family to yours.
Common Ground Team