A Message to Our Customers
To the Common Ground and Hampden Community:
We started to take precautions in early March before the State of MD mandated guidelines. When we were faced with the difficult decision of either staying open or closing in the wake of Covid-19, we closed for a couple days to regroup and consider our options.
Being a staple in the neighborhood for about 25 years, we also felt we had a responsibility to our staff and our community to step up to the challenge as long as they agreed. We chose to stay open with the employees that were willing to continue and follow strict guidelines for personal safety, cleaning, and sanitizing. We quickly converted to contactless payments, curbside pickup though our front window, and delivery. Please understand this decision was and has not been based on a desire for profit for it has been just the opposite. This has been strictly about keeping as many of our employees in their jobs as we could and being able to serve you, our community. With that said, we are slowly making positive progress…
Our decision has been validated by the incredible support we have received from all of you since the crisis began. Our staff has been working hard to translate that “Home away from Home” atmosphere that defines our cafe into a Pick-up and Delivery operation. The smell of fresh baked muffins continues to come out of our new pick-up window and our team is waiting at a safe distance with masked smiles to get you whatever you need. All orders are prepared in a sanitary controlled environment and closely monitored to ensure every precaution is taken for your safety. We also added household staples and grocery items to our menu to further support our customers and make your life easier. In fact, if you don’t see it on our menu, just ask us, because if we can get it for you, we will!
Please take a moment to review these important updates:
- We are still open 7-3 every day for pick-up
- We accept walk-in orders by allowing one person in the building at a time for contactless pay. This means NO CASH. We accept all cards, Apple and Google pay, and also have gift cards available for purchase
- Anyone entering the building is required to wear a mask and practice social distancing from staff and other customers
- Our cafe and grocery menus are now available ONLINE for pick-up and local 21211 delivery if you call your order in
- Our menu is also available through third party delivery services outside of the 21211 area via DoorDash and Grubhub
- Click HERE to view the safety guidelines our staff are following
- All orders are packaged using single use containers, utensils and condiments. No personal mugs or containers can be filled at this time
- With each order you have the option to donate $$ to provide meals to healthcare workers through our Feeding the Frontlines Option or to the Maryland SPCA Kibble Connection Option which provides pet food and supplies to Baltimore citizens in need. You can learn more about that HERE
A Big Hug and Huge THANK YOU! to each and everyone one of you, from our family to yours…. BE HEALTY AND BE SAFE!
The Team of Common Ground Cafe